Wednesday, 20 October 2010

My School Magzine


Target Audience


The audience i will be targeting with my magazine is mostly girls as Hitchin Girls School is an all girls school, however the sixth form is mixed so i will also be targeting boys aswell. The age range of my target audience will be 11-18, which means it will appeal to all year groups from year 7 to year 13.


Masthead


I tried to make my mast head different by having all the letters seperate in their own boxes.



I think this makes it a bit more interesting and it may appeal to the target audience which is young people, as it's not just plain normal text like a newspaper. I have decided to use navy blue and white to match with the school logo, and it also matches the cover of the magazine as in the image i have used the model is wearing a navy blue apron.

Text

I will use informal language in my magazine because its important the target audience can relate to the information. If i made the language formal, the magazine would be more likely to appeal to an older audience such as the teachers or pupils parents. This isnt the audience i'm targeting, so i think its important that its informal as this is the type of language young people understand, and will want to read.



No comments:

Post a Comment