I have researched music institutions to help me decide which one to pick to distribute my magazine. The first one i researched is Bauer. It has the market leading music and entertainment titles, Q, Mojo and KERRANG!
The second one i researched is IPC media. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults – their websites reach over 14 million users every month. IPC's print and digital portfolio offers something for all different types of people, with a focus on three main audiences: men, mass market women and upmarket women.
After researching these two media insititutions i have decided to pick IPC media to distribute my magazine. I have made this decision because at the moment IPC media only market NME magazine, whereas Bauer markets Q, Kerrang!, and Mojo. By choosing IPC media it would mean my magazine has a better chance of success because there is a gap in the market at IPC for my magazine as they only have one other music magazine. IPC media reaches 26 million UK adults, which means a lot of people would see my magazine.
I would sell my magazine in places like HMV as lots of teenagers between the age of 16-22 would go here to buy CD's and then see my magazine. I would also advertise my magazine on websites such as youtube because this is where a lot of people listen to electro/dance music. Not many people buy electro CD's as it's quite a new and developing genre, so it's more listened to on online music sites like youtube, limewire, and iTunes. I would also sell my magazine at music events of artists like Deadmau5 where my target audience will be.


No comments:
Post a Comment